Parker College Planning utilizes a program called The Twelve Steps to Success, a process of discovery in the areas of Self Analysis, College Readiness, and College Search to assist high school students of all ages in fulfilling their college dreams.
The Twelve Steps to Success Program consists of one-on-one counseling sessions providing the following guidance, assistance and coaching services:
Student Self Analysis
- Perform student interview including online personality profile
- Participate in web-based college major interest survey to explore careers and potential areas of study
- Advise on extracurricular activities and résumé and develop a Personal College Statement
- Plan and review your student's high school curriculum
- Review assessment test schedules and make a plan for standardized tests such as the SAT, ACT, and AP
- Provide worksheets, checklists and organizational strategies to manage important tasks and deadlines
- Assist your student in developing their individual college criteria and provide a list of colleges containing various degrees of selectivity that match their individual requirements
- Educate regarding strategies for college research using multiple sources of information
- Prepare student for successful college visits & interviews
- Assist in college applications including essay writing (topic development,critique and proofreading)
- Guide student in scholarship searches, financial aid and more!
Comprehensive and Hourly Programs are Available including
flexible monthly payment plans!